Scotland is a part of UK, that part is well known to everyone. But the secret is that it’s a big country and going blind inside with the motive of discovering it all would be a grave mistake. Of course you can do it but do you really want to? You’ll end up wasting time and going round and round and round. To get the taste of authentic Scotland, you need to check out the tours that are offered for people. Even if you are living in the country, odds are that you haven’t seen it all – why don’t you skim over the details now and decide if this season you want to experience a brand new Scotty culture?
- Speyside Whisky Tour – To wet your mouth, the 3-Day whisky tour Spey which is a major whisky producing area will be just perfect. The group of 15 starts their journey from Edinburg and visits the famous distilleries making Speyside whisky with a professional guide accompanying them all throughout. Grantown is where the B&B in which you’d be staying is located – the location is chosen for a simple reason that whisky distilleries are close to the town which gives you plenty of time to check out the best ones. Other than the four you would be visiting: Glenlivet, Dalwhinnie, Cardhu and Benromach, there are 42 more operating distilleries which should you check out if you have time.
Price: USD 373.13
- Isle Of Skye Tour – 3 days in the magical world of Isle of Skye with highland beauty and dramatic scenery will be a memorable experience. You and 15 more people in an AC minibus travelling around the west coast of Scotland will give you the chance to travel all these places which you can’t otherwise. It will start in Edinburgh and from there you’ll be touring to Glencoe, Lochaber region and Portree, where you’ll be staying. The third day you will also get to see the Five Sisters of Kentail before you head back to Edinburgh and conclude your trip.
Price: USD 335.77
- The Highland Explorer – Want to get into the deep highlands of Scotland? This 5 day tour of the great wilderness of Scotland which apparently is Europe’s very last one is the one for you! You start from Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and discover Forth Road Bridge, Cairngorm National Park, Loch Insh, Loch Ness, Assynt Mountains, north-west Highlands, Ullapool’s fishing village and the wonderfully mysterious Isle of Skye. All these destinations are covered in merely 5 days, probably the best 5 of your life.
Price: USD 682.65
- The Best of Scotland Tour – Beginning from Royal Mile in Edinburgh, you will take a long 5 day route and witness the greatness of the country that is a part of the United Kingdom. From lowlands to highlands to West Coast to Isle of Skye, your tour will cover it all. And if you’re worried it would be congested with a lot of people travelling your path, don’t be – in a group of 15, you will be able to feel free and comfortable and not to forget, it won’t make it difficult for you to explore the places.
Price: USD 568.64
- Highlands Tour – Everyone loves Harry Potter, there is no shame in admitting that. You’d love to sit on the Hogwarts Express too, with or without kids. Isle of Skye, Highlands and Loch Ness tour of 3 days starting from Edinburgh will be thrilling, especially because with the scenery, you get to be associated with the famous Harry Potter. On your first two days, you’ll see the Highlands, Dunkeld village, Great Glen, Fort Augustus, Eilean Donan Castle, Cullin Mountains, Isle of Skye and Portree. Harry Potter ride comes on the third day when you will also see Rannoch Moore and Glencoe.
Price: USD 420.70
- Cycling Through the Highlands: Walking and cycling in and around the mountain peaks of Highlands in Scotland is not unheard of – people enjoy the drill very much. This 8 day trip will take you to the Highlands, which obviously are the highlight, the quaint villages, the castles and historical villages. On your arrival at Perth on the first day, you will be given a brief about the route you’ll be following and you will also collect your cycles and oher equipment. The trip would include cycling to the ancient monuments, historic villages such as Dunkeld, Kenmore and Killin; plus you will also get the opportunity to take a forest walk en route.
Price: USD 1,150
Scottish Highlands 8 Day Cycle Trip – From Inverness to Loch Ness and Fort William, this week long tour on a cycle tracing the historic and magnificent Scottish Highlands will change your whole world, move it upside down. Spotting stag, red deer and golden eagle while walking in the forest, spending a day at Fort William and Scotland’s 2nd highest peak, Ben Nevis. Furthermore, an exciting train journey from Rannoch Moor will take you to Loch Rannoch where again you’ll start your cycle tour to Perthshire. Breakfasts and accommodations on all 7 days are inclusive in the cost and your luggage will be transported wherever you go.
Price: USD 1,250
- 4 Day Whisky Tour – Liquor in Isle of Islay is as exquisite as the people there. With history of producing peaty and dry whisky for over 200 years, Islay whisky is something to die for – visits to their distilleries for tasting the whisky would be a dream trip for some. The 4 day tour starting from Glasgow will help you identify the characteristics of each whisky and it will also give you the knowledge that how is the whisky different from the one you just tasted. Besides, you will also have the lifetime opportunity to explore Loch Lomond, Lock Fyne and Inveraray.
Price: USD 776.87
- Lake District 3 Day Tour – Lake District if full of secrets – the historic place is spectacular in every sense of the word. This 3 day tour from Edinburgh to Lake District and Hadrian’s Wall will take you to places that inspired people like the famous author Beatrix potter. These include the scenic Scottish Borders and if you keep your eyes open, you will be able to see Scots beloved son, William Wallace. Walk on the paths which Romans walked on once and see the remains of the Roman Empire in person – your guide will happily tell you the tales that would keep you hooked.
Price: USD 376.42
- Small Group Isle of Skye, Mull and Iona Tour – Romance is in the air of the west coast of Scotland. Iona, Mull, Staffa and the oh-so-famous Isle of Skye have some most dramatic scenery you’ll ever find. In these 5 days, the group of 16 will explore the Iona’s momentous abbey, Ben Nevis, Glencoe which is famous for the massacre of Clan MacDonald of 1962, Inveraray and Oban among many more places on the list while travelling in an AC minivan. Apparently, this tour won the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award in October 2007 for sustainable tourism so it’s evident the true is mighty fancy.
Price: USD 760.85